- Major System Files
- Disks & directories
- System Utilities
- Installing Windows
- O.S. Upgrade
- Syst. Boot Sequences
- Installing devices
- O.S. Optimization
- Common Error Codes
- Diagnostic tools
- Operational problems
- Network capabilities
- Internet protocols
Zoeken op de site:
» Installing devices
Wat is dit?
- Device Driver Installation
- Plug and Play (PNP) and non-PNP devices
Plug and Play device: Provides automatic configuration of PC hardware and devices. Plug and Play technologies are defined for IEEE 1394, PCI, PC Card/CardBus, USB, SCSI, ATA, ISA, LPT, and COM.
Non-Plug and Play device:
- Open Add/Remove Hardware in Control Panel.
- Click Next, Click Add/Troubleshoot a device, and then click Next.
- Search for new hardware if Windows tries to detect the new non=Plug and Play device to be installed.
- Click Next, and then follow the instructions that appear on the screen.
- Install and configure device drivers
- Install different device drivers
- Manually install a device driver
- From the start button on windows click settings, control panel, systems, and click device tab.
- Choose the device under the device tab and double click it.
- Choose Driver Tab. Choose "Search for a better driver"
- Try to locate and load INF. file type for a specific location. Windows will build a database of needed drivers.
- Search the Internet for updated device drivers
Connect to the internet and search with the device company name and its model number or with the device number.
- Using unsigned drivers (driver signing)
Use Sigverif.exe to check for unsigned drivers on your system.
- Install Additional Windows components
A scren appears, giving a list of components like Indexing Service, Internet Information Services, Management and Monitoring Tools, Message Queuing Services, Networking Services, Other Network File and Print Services, Script Debugger.
- Determine if permissions are adequate for performing the task
[ terug... ]
Wil je vrienden worden met operatingsystemtechnologies?
Voeg toe als vriend...